Cupcake Forum

Go Back   Cupcake Forum > Cupcakes > Cupcake Baking

Old 04-04-2013, 02:15 PM
Taste Tester

Default Baking in twos

Hello

I hope you can help me with some ideas. It's my wife's birthday soon and, not being particularly wealthy right now, I was thinking it could be nice to buy various cupcake ingredients and spend some of the day baking and decorating cupcakes together before polishing them all off. I've made muffins before and I've got the tray to make them, bar the obvious ingredients for the sponge, can anyone give me some ideas for flavours/decorations combinations that my wife and I can do together?

If anyone has baked with kids before that might help you to assist me better. My wife being the adult and me being the kid

Thanks, Joe
Old 07-22-2013, 08:00 PM
Better Baker

You should check out Pinterest to get some ideas. How about these delicious-looking apple cupcakes with caramel butterceam? I haven't made them yet but they look very yummy and like they would be quite simple to make. These drunken gingerbread men cupcakes also look great fun and allow you to be a bit more creative but in an adult way!

You could also make some tried-and-tested favourites - red velvet, lemon and white chocolate, vanilla...(vanilla sounds boring but then you can ice them anyway you choose - you could always make some in advance spelling out "Happy Birthday" as a surprise for your wife!)
Old 07-23-2013, 09:19 PM
Batter Beater

I am a huge fan of strawberry cupcakes with lemon buttercream frosting- fresh strawberries on top, of course!