Cupcake Forum

Go Back   Cupcake Forum > General > Baking in General

Old 11-05-2011, 11:30 PM
Administrator

Question Flavoring white chocolate?

As part of our Christmas cookie baking this year, we've decided to attempt amaretto pizzelles sandwiched together with white chocolate. Now, under normal circumstances I don't actually like white chocolate, so we have little experience with it. How do I go about adding amaretto flavoring to the white chocolate?

(Suggestions for a good amaretto flavoring brand, and recipes for amaretto pizzelles are also welcome! This is our first time making them, period.)
Old 07-23-2013, 07:08 PM
Better Baker

How about you melt the chocolate over a low heat, add a splash of amaretto, then pour into moulds (even an ice cube tray would suffice) and put in the fridge for a few hours? If you just added a small amount of the amaretto (which would relaly be all you need to flavour it) then it should change the consistency of the chocolate too much and it should still set as normal.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:15 PM
Administrator

We ended up using the amaretto flavoring available from King Arthur Flour... actually we ended up using about three times as much flavoring as the recipe we modified called for, but they turned out absolutely delicious. The white chocolate was strong enough to hold the pizzelles together.
Old 10-24-2013, 01:54 PM
Taste Tester

I always use Lorann oils to flavour my chocolates, and they do have an amaretto flavour. It's alcohol based so it does mix really well. It's a super strength flavour, I added half a teaspoon to about 1lb of white chocolate melted over a low heat, and it came out with a lovely subtle flavour, but I guess you can add a little more or less depending on your taste. I get mine here, in case you're wondering
http://www.thecakedecoratingcompany....oducts_id=2664
Old 10-30-2013, 05:31 PM
Taste Tester

It looks like King Arthur Flour's bottle is out of stock. We really like using Marsden & Bathe flavorings. Their Amaretto flavoring comes in a 2oz bottle, so you get a little more bang for your buck. We carry it here: http://www.preparedpantry.com/amaretto-flavor.aspx
...and just a tip for those who are adding flavoring to white chocolate - if you want the flavor to mix in really well, make sure that you are using higher quality chocolate. It definitely makes a big difference.