Cupcake Forum

Go Back   Cupcake Forum > Cupcakes > Cupcake Recipes

Old 03-01-2014, 10:38 PM
Administrator

Post Chocolate Stout Cake (and cupcakes)

This King Arthur Flour chocolate stout cake recipe can be easily adapted to cupcakes and would be perfect for St. Patrick's Day. Cupcake version given here.

Frosting

• 1 pound bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, chopped
  • 2 cups heavy cream
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1. Preheat the oven to 350F.

2. Place the stout and butter in a large, heavy saucepan, and heat until the butter melts. Remove the pan from the heat, and add the cocoa powder.

3. Whisk until the mixture is smooth. Set aside to cool to room temperature.

4. Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl; set aside.

5. In a large mixing bowl, beat together the eggs and sour cream.

6. Add the stout-cocoa mixture, mixing to combine.

7. Add the flour mixture and mix together at slow speed. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl, and mix again for 1 minute.

8. Divide the batter equally among the cupcakes.

9. Bake them for 18 to 22 minutes, then remove from the oven, cool, and frost. Makes 30 standard-size cupcakes.
Old 08-20-2014, 07:18 AM
Cupcake Artist

funny you should have a Guinness stout cake recipe as i just made a chocolate coffee pour-over for my chocolate cupcakes i get at breakfast, and as all good dark beers use a bit of coffee this recipe uses coffee and tequila to give a big nite-time flavor.
Chocolate Coffee Pour-over
ingredients:
1 chocolate cupcake (mine was frozen)
1 packet hot chocolate drink mix
2 packets sanka instant coffee (decaf)
2 kit kat mini candy bar, dark chocolate or regular (white chocolate kit kat works well too)
chocolate fudge frosting 2 tablespoons
approx. 1 tablespoon 1800 tequila
1 plastic spoon
2 coated hot drink paper cups one cut down to 2 and a half inches high

dixie cups are preferred and mine are 12 ounce rubber type coating.
my cups also have a measuring strip down the side so about 10 tablespoons or 5 ounces of water are needed boiled hot.
add hot cocoa pack and almost one entire sanka coffee packet to hot boiled water mix in the 12 ounce dixie cup.
break up cupcake in coffee mug and add frosting being sure to eat some of the frosting.
in the cut down dixie cup add a bit over half of the other sanka coffee packet and almost a whole mini kit kat bar, eating a piece of the end
is the easiest method. the scissors i used to cut the paper dixie cup down are titanium teflon coated mini scissors, ripping the cup is also possible.
add 2 ounces of coffee cocoa mixture to cut down cup with coffee and kit kat candy.
add tequila and taste.
pour halh of finished mixture over cupcake in coffee mug and drink and eat the rest of tequila chocolate coffee pour-over and enjoy a second or third batch while relaxing. rgds

Last edited by instant_mini-cupcake; 08-20-2014 at 11:18 PM. Reason: correcting water amount
Old 08-20-2014, 10:17 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by instant_mini-cupcake View Post
break up cupcake in coffee mug and add frosting being sure to eat some of the frosting.
I like your style!
Old 08-20-2014, 11:16 PM
Cupcake Artist

i was rethinking the recipe and i remembered that four tablespoons equals one fourth of a cup so i relooked at the side of the dixie cup and the actual water mixed with coffee and cocoa is 5 ounces or 10 tablespoons, i guess you just have to remake the recipe tonite.