Cupcake Forum

Go Back   Cupcake Forum > Cupcakes > Cupcake Toppers

Old 07-31-2013, 06:21 PM
Better Baker

Default Looking for ideas!

I am hosting an event at my antique shop and am planning on serving cupcakes in place of a sheet cake. I have a wonderful baker, who will make me delicious cupcakes. I am looking for ideas for toppers that will go along with the occasion. I want something that will compliment the vintage / antique ambiance of the store. Any ideas? Thanks!
Old 07-31-2013, 09:57 PM
Administrator

You could go old-school and put candied flowers on top. Or check out fancyflours.com for a number of topping ideas in sugar, chocolate, and wafer paper. The wafer paper section in particular features many vintage designs you might like
Old 08-01-2013, 08:34 PM
Better Baker

Thanks so much! I will check the website out and hopefully find what I am looking for! It's a hard situation because I don't really know what I'm looking for, but "I'll know it when I see it." Thanks for giving me somewhere to look! I will look forward to posting pics on here when I find it! Thanks!
Old 08-02-2013, 11:22 AM
Better Baker

How about cameos and pearls? You could make them look like antique brooches. I've just done a quick Google for cameo toppers and it seems there are lots of places that sell them, but you could always make your own using fondant and a template from the internet. You could either buy pearl dragees or make less shiny ones out of small balls of fondant.
Old 08-02-2013, 07:19 PM
Administrator

I'd have to dig up the link, but I know of at least one place that sells cameo molds for chocolate, cookies, etc. You could make up a bunch of white chocolate cameos and just stick them on top. But whatever you end up doing, please post pictures!

Also, there's another thread around here about making tiered cupcake displays out of vintage china; that might be absolutely perfect for your situation.
Old 08-28-2013, 02:24 PM
Better Baker

I have a few boxes that will add to the decorations of the cupcakes. Check out my site at www.MyCupcakeBoxes.com and see if you find anything you like.
Old 07-20-2017, 11:33 AM
Better Baker

I am trying to reach your website but i have found error while reaching it.link showing me that error about "'SITE cant reach'' please sort it out this problem i am eager for that.