Cupcake Forum

Go Back   Cupcake Forum > General > Events and Announcements

Old 10-26-2013, 08:47 PM

Default Robicelli's loves Staten Island, but their new storefront is in Brooklyn

Actually, you could take the s53 bus there!
from http://robicellis.tumblr.com/post/65...y-october-25th

When I announced that we would be opening a new shop a few weeks ago, I opted to do it here on our blog rather than a formal press release, because press releases are boring and stupid and no one wants to read them. “Ooooh, a fake quote from your CEO about how you’re excited for a new chapter and you’ll be shifting the paradigm of your industry into the 21st century!” Did you even read that last sentence? Because I sure as hell didn’t.

Then I chose not to give out the news of the exact location of the shop because I thought I’d have a little fun with it and milk it for a bit. We hadn’t started buildout yet because we were stuck in an endless pit of paperwork hell, so any fun I could have was essential. And c’mon, who doesn’t love a scavenger hunt?

Yesterday, we FINALLY opted to reveal the exact address of the store. Not on Eater, or Grub Street, or even on our blog. I did it in the Staten Island Advance. Why? Well, why the hell not? I’ve gone on the record countless times about how much I love Staten Island, and they’re just as much a part of this city as anyone else is.
Back to the shop- we will officially be at 9009 5th Avenue. This is one block north of craft beer/artisan sausage/”hipster” bar The Lockyard, one block south of Chinese food superpower, Grand Sichuan House, one and a half blocks away from Century 21 ( with a lovely kitchen supply store and parking garage!), and, most importantly, directly across the street from Brooklyn’s only pole dancing fitness studio. Come eat some cookies, then burn some calories the hard way.
It’s also going to look a little something like this. What the inside will look like is going to be an adventure- paperwork took far, far longer than expected, so the interior is going to be a “work in progress” for bit. We’d rather get open and get to the important stuff — baking for you guys — then delay ourselves for months because we’re waiting for just the right type of lightbulb to become available.

Know what else is stupid to wait for? Today’s cupcakes. Because they’re in stores as we speak:
Bourbon Caramel Apple: Apple cake, bourbon salted caramel buttercream, roasted apple, caramel sauce

S’Mores: chocolate cake, speculoos pudding, toasted marshmallow buttercream, graham crumbs, ganache

Ebinger: Chocolate cake, chocolate custard buttercream, chocolate fudge, chocolate cake crumbs

Pumpkin Spice Latte: Pumpkin cake, espresso mascarpone buttercream, fall spiced chocolate espresso beans