Jack Daniels Whiskey Chocolate Cupcakes
From Sweet Society.com: http://www.sweetsociety.com/experien...olate-cupcakes
(Video available upon following link)
Before You Get Started Making Your Chocolate Cake
Weigh/Measure all of your ingredients
Cut parchment paper for your cake pans
Butter and flour your cake pans
Brew 1cup/8oz of coffee
Preheat oven to 350 (F) degrees
Chocolate Cake Ingredients & Amounts - Yields 2 (8-inch) round cake layers or about 32 cupcakes
1 3/4 cups (220 g) all-purpose flour
2 cups (400 g) granulated sugar
3/4 cup (89 g) cocoa powder - Dutch processed
2 tsp (8 g) baking soda
1 tsp (4g) baking powder
1 tsp (6 g) salt
2 eggs (100 g) room temp
1 cup (244 g) hot black coffee
1 cup (242 g) buttermilk, room temp
1/2 cup (112 g) vegetable oil
2 tsp (8 g) pure vanilla extract
Chocolate Cake Step-By-Step Directions
1) Preheat oven to 350 (F) degrees. Butter and flour cake pans and set aside.
2) Sift flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together. If you are using a stand mixer, you can sift your ingredients right into the bowl and then add in the sugar.
3) In another bowl combine buttermilk, vegetable oil, and vanilla. Lightly beat the eggs and add them to this mixture.
4) With the paddle attachment, start mixing the dry ingredients on low for a few seconds to mix, then slowly pour in the liquid mixture (you may want to use a splash guard). Once all the liquid is incorporated, slowly pour in the coffee, and mix until all combined. The batter will be very liquidy, so don't panic.
5) Divide the cake mixture between the 8-inch pans, either by weighing the cake pans to ensure even layers, or use a measuring cup to divide the batter equally.
6) Bake cake for 30-35 minutes. Make sure a cake tester comes out clean. Leave cakes in the pan to cool and then turn them out onto a cooling rack.
7) Once cooled, decorate as you wish. Enjoy!
Chocolate Cake Sweet Notes
Preheat your oven at least 20-30 minutes before baking to ensure a proper baking temperature
Use an oven thermometer to ensure that your oven is accurate and is reaching the recommended temperature
Fill your cake pans about half full and space them out while baking. The middle shelf is preferred in the oven
Try to open the oven doors only when it's close to the finished baking time to avoid a change in temperature, and a fallen cake
High-altitude baking may change amounts, baking temps, and time
If you want to make this cake ahead of time, this cake freezes beautifully. We suggest letting it cool in the pan before turning it out onto plastic wrap, and be careful when wrapping as not to push in on the sides - you will distort the cake. Before placing in the freezer, put a layer of aluminum foil and label it. It will keep in the freezer for about two months, after which it may lose some moisture
Adapted from Ina Garten
Links to: Jack Daniels Whiskey Simple Syrup Recipe
and to Toasted Marshmallow Frosting.
I just had to check this one out (gotta love the JD!) and I have to say, thanks for sharing! I'll definitely try this one out this coming weekend. I hope the hubby likes it!
Sugar, spice, and everything with frosting is nice!