Cupcake Forum

Go Back   Cupcake Forum > General > Cupcake Memorabilia

Old 04-28-2011, 03:50 AM

Default Cupcake vodka?!

from Gothamist:
http://gothamist.com/2011/04/26/pair...ed_cream_w.php
Quote:
Pairings: Alcoholic Whipped Cream With Cupcake Vodka
Cupcake vodkait exists. We don't really need to tell you more, but somebody has to revel in the ridiculousness of this concept with us. According to the Cupcake Vodka Spirits Expert (that is a job you can have), the folks at Cupcake Vodka are super serious about their dessert-flavored alcohol: "What makes a good vodka is that it has not been sugared up or had glycerin added to it—and the stuff that should be has been cut away. That is what I like about Cupcake Vodka and the Cupcake team. They get that; they are wine makers and they are willing to do the work to produce the real thing." Finally, authentic cupcake vodka like they made in the old country!

The newly-introduced vodka is made by the same folks at Cupcake vineyards, and comes in four flavors—Original, Devil's Food, Frosting and Chiffon. We've contacted the city's Health Department to see if the drink poses the same risk as drinks like Four Loko, which have been accused of masking their alcohol content with sweet, kid-friendly flavors. In the meantime, who wants to make some vodka-Whipped Lightning pairings? No one?
Old 05-02-2011, 03:56 PM
Taste Tester

Wow! That's interesting news. Read the article, and there wasn't any info on the actual alcohohol percentage in the cream. Interested in how it will taste though, would be nice for an 'adult' party!
Old 09-14-2011, 01:18 AM
Batter Beater

Cool!! I've never thought about that thanks for the post.. I'm still not ENTIRELY sure how it will work out but I will have to try one of these days.
Old 12-03-2011, 05:15 AM
Batter Beater

Send a message via Yahoo to nekomimi

Just did a post about this on my blog after tasting the original Cupcake Vodka flavor along with Cotton Candy Vodka.
http://nekomimi-bakes.blogspot.com/2...ake-vodka.html

I'd like to see some vodka cupcake pairing in the future ^_^ perfect for an adult party like Jane03 said.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:59 AM
Cupcake Artist

vodka and cupcakes is not all that far off of an idea. there was a time when i remember jello gelatin and vodka making a pretty good time, as far as cupcakes pour the mixture into the cupcake and put in the fridge.
rgds.

after thinking about it, for a whole minute i might try it with some absolut citron i have, lemon flavored with lemon jellow and a lemon cupcake

Last edited by instant_mini-cupcake; 06-27-2012 at 11:04 AM.
Old 08-03-2012, 10:09 PM
Cupcake Artist

the vodka cupcake idea needed some refining and i have decided tequila will give better results, the market with all the alcohol you could want with food too has a nice bottle of orange liqueur tequila its seventy prooof good for baking and cupcakes. more to follow