Cupcake Forum

Go Back   Cupcake Forum > Cupcakes > Cupcake Baking

Old 09-17-2009, 01:05 AM
Taste Tester

Default Cupcake Liner Problem

I would like to ask for your expert advice on a problem I have been having with cupcake liners. After baking, overtime the liners start pulling away/separating from the cakes. Have any of you encountered this problem? I have been searching high and low for a solution but could not find any that really works. I have tried changing recipes, changing butter cake mixing methods (creaming to one-bowl), not overbaking, removing cakes from pans immediately after baking, increasing sugar in recipe etc. Anybody have a solution for this? Thanks so much in advance!
Old 09-23-2009, 12:30 PM

Default I usually get the opposite problem

...the paper liners get embedded in/stuck to my cupcakes/muffins at times. Sorry, can't offer you any advice.
Old 09-23-2009, 04:56 PM
Administrator

Welcome Pastille! Could you post a picture of one of your cupcakes with this problem? I'd think a little pulling away is normal, but maybe with a picture we'll be able to diagnose it.

Do you live in a particularly humid climate?
Old 10-07-2009, 07:04 AM
Taste Tester

Hi Pastille,
Yes that is a problem when it happens. It is common for the liners to do this, but a good way to keep your cupcakes looking fab is to use our cupcake wrappers.
Just cake and ice your cupcakes as usual. Keep the liners on and wrap one of wrappers around your cupcakes. They will look amazing!http://http://thecupcakewrappercompany.blogspot.com/
Good luck with your baking!
Kat n Nat from The Cupcake Wrapper Co xx
Old 10-07-2009, 07:36 AM
Taste Tester

Try using different baking cups
Some do it some don't......Overcooking the cake can cause it to, because the cake pulls away from the sides
Cupcakes should be just cooked not golden brown

HTHs
Wems
Old 10-14-2009, 06:14 PM
Taste Tester

Teardrop

Hi in answer to your bakingcup problem you could try to reduce the amount of sugar you use by 25g and make sure the mixture is of a Dropping consistency and not too wet. I have found this really helps.
Putting on a cooling rack after about 3-4 mins just to let the cake settle also helps in my experience. Hope this helps.
Old 10-25-2009, 06:43 PM
Batter Beater

I've also found that by leaving the cupcakes in the pans for at least 5-7 minutes after you bake them... they have time to cool and set up in the wrappers and the don't pull away anymore. Once I started doing this... I didn't have any more problems!!

Good luck!
Old 04-18-2013, 11:21 AM
Taste Tester

Yeah, some great suggestions to just the problem I registered with the forum for....I'm having nightmares...I have 72 cupcakes to make to go under my son's wedding cake for 1st June - and I'm trying out new flavours and having so much trouble with the wrappers coming away from the sides...back to the kitchen to try out some of your suggestions - many thanks - and phew!
Old 08-21-2013, 12:05 AM
Taste Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavaCupcake View Post
I've also found that by leaving the cupcakes in the pans for at least 5-7 minutes after you bake them... they have time to cool and set up in the wrappers and the don't pull away anymore. Once I started doing this... I didn't have any more problems!!

Good luck!
This has worked for me, also...I definitely find that if I get in a rush and take them out of the pan too early, the wrappers pull away.
Old 04-30-2014, 08:35 PM
Taste Tester

I agree - since I started leaving them in the tins for a few minutes to start the cooling process, they're much better. The cases don't peel away.