Oreo Upside-Down Cupcakes Your best new dessert is already in your kitchen
from PureWow: Oreo Upside-Down Cupcakes
Your best new dessert is already in your kitchen
PHOTO: LIZ ANDREW/STYLING: ERIN MCDOWELL
There's no "right" way to eat an Oreo: split in half, dunked in milk, deep-fried, yada yada yada.So let us add to that list yet another way to enjoy these cookies. Enter our recipe for Oreo upside-down cupcakes. Let's get baking.
Makes 12 cupcakes
Start to Finish: 45 minutes
½ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup sugar
3 egg whites
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1¾ cups all-purpose flour
1¼ teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup milk, at room temperature
Whipped cream, for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 12 cups of a muffin pan with cupcake liners. Place an Oreo in the base of each liner.
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the egg whites gradually and mix to combine. Beat in the vanilla extract.
3. Add the flour, baking powder and salt, and mix to combine. Add the milk gradually, and mix to combine.
4. Divide the batter evenly among the prepared muffin cups, scooping the batter on top of the Oreos.
5. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean, 22 to 25 minutes. Invert onto a cooling rack. While the cupcakes are still warm, peel away the liners. Cool completely.
6. Serve the cupcakes garnished with dollops of whipped cream.