Cupcake Forum

Go Back   Cupcake Forum > Cupcakes > Cupcake Baking

Old 08-13-2014, 10:26 AM
Taste Tester

Default My cupcakes keep sticking to their cases

Hi, I am new to the forum and while the tips above a fab I need some help........I have used all different kinds of recioes for cupcakes however, I dont know what I'm doing wrong but a lot of the time my cupcakes literall stick to the cupcake cases and when opened you end up with half a cupcake with the rest stuck to the case?? what am I doing wrong?? this happens 90% of the time yet I dont do anything different to what it says in the recipe....I would apprecate your help as I cant cope with the critisism any more ;-(( thank you
Old 08-16-2014, 06:09 AM
Administrator

Hi Lucy, I've moved your post because I think it deserves its own thread. There are a number of different things you could try to keep your cupcakes from sticking so much:

- Use a non-stick muffin pan and eliminate the cases entirely
- Try silicone-coated parchment liners
- Use the silicone molds that you're supposed to use instead of the cupcake tin and paper cases, but line them each with paper cases anyway and bake. The theory is that the silicone molds prevent moisture from escaping.
- Slide a cookie sheet filled with water under the bottom rack while you bake
- Line your cupcake tin with cases as usual, then give them a quick coating of non-stick spray
- Bake as usual, then stick them in the microwave under a wet paper towel for 15 seconds, and the cases should come right off