Cupcake Forum

Go Back   Cupcake Forum > Cupcakes > Cupcake Baking

Old 07-24-2013, 03:43 PM
Taste Tester

Default Baking my own wedding cupcake tower

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and wish I knew it was here long ago!

I'm getting married next month and am planning to bake my own wedding cupcake tower. I've done this before for a friend but was able to do the whole thing the day before.

As it's my own wedding I don't really have the time to make them all the day before and I want to avoid freezing them as I just don't have the space at home.

So, the wedding is on a Thursday and I'm planning to bake and decorate the cakes with buttercream on Tuesday afternoon/evening. I will store them in a cool place in cupcake boxes until they are set up around lunch time on the big day.

All the research I've come across seems to say that ideally they should be baked the day before or on the day but it also seems clear that buttcream can stand to be at room temperature for a couple of days because of the high fat and sugar content.

Can anyone help??!! I know that the cakes may not taste quite as good but this isn't my main concern as I should think most people will have had a glass of wine or two by the time they eat cake so they won't even notice...

Really appreciate any help!
Thanks
Old 07-31-2013, 09:12 PM
Administrator

First of all, I commend you for planning your own cupcake tower for your wedding day! I do hope you'll post pictures of the finished product! I would ask your family, friends, and bridesmaids if any of them can help. Maybe they can't help with the baking, but surely somebody will have room in their refrigerator or freezer. Maybe it will have to be more than one somebody Good luck!
Old 08-21-2013, 11:23 PM
Batter Beater

I have made cupcake towers for events before, one of which I was in charge of planning. I had to make 200 hundred cup cakes and still work on the event. To help me save time I did not bake them from scratch , the book " The Cake Doctor " has some excellent recipes. I also did not use cupcake baking tins instead I used those self standing baking cups and baked them on sheet trays. The cupcakes were baked two days in advance , the night before I piped the frosting. The cup cakes were put into boxes and refrigerated until time to go. I assembled the tower and added the toppers to the cup cakes at the venue just before the event.
Old 08-22-2013, 05:47 AM
Better Baker

Like the previous posters, I just wanted to commend you on your task of taking on this project....on YOUR wedding day! Please post pictures for us to see and congratulations! I know it will all turn out great.

Check out www.MyCupCakeBoxes.com for boxes ideas to deliver or pass out your cup cakes to guest.
Old 07-17-2017, 12:05 PM
Better Baker

first of all congratulation for your wedding . i will recommended that you can do your work very best manner but it may be possible that you will be getting busy during that duration so better option is to take more help from your friends.
Old 07-17-2017, 12:51 PM
Better Baker

Bão số 2 diễn biến bất thường, khẩn trương đối phó

Điểm cuối l* ga Cái Răng (phường Phú Thứ, qu*n Cái Răng, th*nh phố Cần Thơ). Tiền lãi phát sinh của những sổ tiết kiệm n*y l* khoảng 2. Cụ thể, SBT dự kiến phát h*nh thêm hơn 303,8 triệu cổ phiếu để hoán đổi to*n bộ cổ phần BHS của Công ty Cổ phần Đường Biên Hòa (mã BHS - HOSE) theo tỷ lệ thực hiện quyền l* 1:1,02 (tại ng*y chốt danh sách cổ đông, cổ đông sở hữu 1 cổ phiếu BHS sẽ nh*n được 1,02 cổ phiếu SBT phát h*nh thêm). Nếu lấy lý do sợ lỡ lời khi phát biểu m* bị báo ch* đưa tin thì không thuyết phục

tiền lì xì hình con chó

https://tienquocte.net/tien-con-cho-2018